Althea McNish & John Weiss
27 April 2015: website under maintenance, parts temporarily missing
HOME PAGE: design and history
for Hull Traders:
Necklace in silver & turquoise
• 30 April 2015, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, Stuart Hall Library, Iniva, Rivington Place EC2A 3BA: "Dr. Althea McNish in conversation with John Weiss", free event of the Clothes, Cloth & Culture Group of Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts).
• 16 May 2015 - 13 June 2015, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss shows new work in the Summer exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• 22 May - 29 August 2015, Islington Museum, London: exhibition 'Dream to change the world: The Life and Legacy of John LaRose' includes work by Althea McNish.
• 3 July 2015, The Drum Intercultural Arts Centre, Birmingham: John Weiss presents a paper "Free on board: Cockburn, Blackstone and Forbes" as part of the panel "Struggle and Resistance" in the 39th Annual Conference of the Society for Caribbean Studies, 1-3 July 2015.
• Nov-Dec 2015, Barbican Centre, London: winter exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• 11-20 August 2016, Mall Galleries, London: Designer Crafts at the Mall 2016, annual exhibition of the Society of Designer Craftsmen.
• January 2015: John Weiss showed new work in Designer Crafts at the Mall 2015, the annual exhibition of the Society of Designer Craftsmen. The Pollie Weiss Colour Prize for a new Licentiate showing in the exhibition was awarded on 11 January to Anum Khan
• Nov-Dec 2014, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss showed new work in the winter exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• June 2014: at the Private View of the work of new MA graduates in Textiles at the Royal College of Art, Ji-Hee Park received the Althea McNish Colour Prize.
• May-June 2014, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss showed new work in the summer exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
Althea McNish by Derek Tamea, necklace by Paul Hartley, others by John Weiss.
Copyright 2015 Althea McNish & John Weiss: revn 26 April 2015